What's The Relationship Between Sleep And Hair Loss?
Diabetes, blood pressure and many other problems are linked with sleep deprivation. You must be wondering if sleep deprivation causes hair loss, too. Well, the answer is yes.
Lack of sleep weakens the hair follicles resulting in hair shedding and hair loss. Furthermore, lack of sleep and stress can also cause hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
Hence, it is important to follow a consistent sleep schedule to decrease premature hair shedding and manage stress.
How Much Sleep Is Essential For You?
Sleep is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Getting too much sleep or not getting enough can have a negative impact on your life.
It can even make a negative impact on your hair which leads to hair thinning or hair loss. Improper sleep can blow up the biological reactions that can cause a negative impact on the body including hair.
Your hair can become dry, dull and more prone to breakage. Proper sleep of seven to eight hours is required for the body’s regulation process and natural repair.
Our body goes through various circadian cycles that enhance the stem cells and hair follicles growth. Poor sleep can increase the stress hormone that leads to hair loss.
However, lack of sleep or insomnia affects the working of HGH(Human Growth Hormone) which leads to female/male baldness or hair thinning.
By keeping the impact of lack of sleep on your health and hair, it is necessary to get enough sleep
How To Improve Sleep Hygiene?
Here are some of the tips that help to enhance your sleep hygiene:
- Limit the amount of light from electronic devices to keep the room dark. According to a study, darkness encourages the secretion of melatonin that enhances sleep quality.
- Follow a consistent sleep schedule. It helps to regulate the natural function of your body, enhances the quality of life and also positively affects stem cells of hair follicles.
- Try to sleep where the surroundings are quiet. So, it is suggested to close the door or make a sound-proof room for better sleep.
- Maintain a gap of at least two hours between bedtime and dinner and try to avoid heavy meals before sleeping.
- A comfortable pillow and bed are important to improve the quality of sleep.
- Consuming alcohol during bedtime can affect sleep hygiene and quality. So, it is better to avoid alcohol before going to bed.
- Do yoga or breathing exercises to calm and relax the mind. It will also help to lower the stress level in daily life.
Good Sleep Quality and a proper lifestyle are the main keys to improving the health of hair. Doing exercise or yoga and maintaining a consistent sleep-wake up routine can help to reduce the hair fall rate to some extent.
But if you are experiencing severe hair shedding or hair loss, you can consult a dermal therapist to analyze the problem.
Apart from this, for a daily hair care routine, you can start using the HairFolli hair growth products range. The hair growth products range includes Eyelash growth serum, hair growth spray, shampoo and conditioner, and many more products.
You will realize positive changes in hair growth just after a few days of using the Folli products.
[ READ NEXT '12 TECHNIQUES ON HOW TO REPAIR DRY AND DAMAGED HAIR' ]