Like men, women experience female pattern baldness, also known as alopecia, shedding around 150 hairs every day. Sadly, when those hair follicles are lost, they take quite some time to re-grow; therefore, obtaining hair loss treatment therapy as soon as possible is the ideal plan.
Minoxidil can help in halting hair fall. In certain situations, it can even aid in new hair growth. However, there are certain drawbacks to using the medicine, which come in the form of a topical lotion or foam, particularly for women.
How does Minoxidil treatment work?
Direct application of the minoxidil to the scalp solely works if the hair fall is due to female alopecia and not another ailment. On average, your hair grows around ½ inch every month. Every hair follicle grows approximately up to 6 years before ceasing to develop, resting for some time, and finally gives out, only to be replaced by a new hair that grows for another six years.
However, if you have the problem of premature baldness, your hair cells shrink over a period. The thinner your hair is, the quicker it takes for your hair to grow. When hair strands break off, they are soon replaced with smaller, thinner hair strands rather than regular new hair.
Experts believe that, amongst many other things, age, heredity, and a decrease in the number of hormone levels, or estrogen, after postmenopausal may contribute to female baldness. (This is why female baldness is often referred to as alopecia.)
Minoxidil is an FDA-approved medication for the treatment of female baldness. It operates by extending the hair cells' developmental stage. Some trichologists recommend that women use a 2% minoxidil solution, while males utilize a 5% formula.
Benefits of Using Minoxidil Treatment for Hair Loss
Minoxidil is thought to be one of the most effective treatments for premature balding or excess hair loss. It is an FDA-approved ingredient that can be used individually or in hair loss shampoo therapy that increases oxygenated blood circulation to the hair cells. This chemical offers essential nutrients straight to hair follicles. Following are some of the key benefits of using minoxidil:
- Reduces hair loss
- Hair cells are stimulated to produce new hair.
- Medically shown to provide benefits in around four months for females and 2-four months for males.
- Increases the duration of the maturation phase of the hair cycle.
- Increases blood flow in blood capillaries.
- Develops more voluminous hair
Drawbacks of Using Minoxidil Treatment for Hair loss
Where minoxidil is truly beneficial for the regrowth of your hair, nothing comes without its drawbacks. Following are some of the drawbacks to using minoxidil as a hair loss solution for women:
- Consuming minoxidil is not cheap, and since it demands continuous use for lasting effects, most people avoid buying it.
- Initially, the medicine may result in increasing your hair loss. You might feel that the hair loss has worsened for the first month of the application.
- It can be tricky since it must be applied to the scalp twice a day.
- Results might take sufficient time to see apparent results. Before you see effects, you must utilize it for at least a year.
- It can result in unwelcome hair growth on the face and body.
- It has the potential to damage your skin. Inflammation, peeling, and redness are the possible side effects of using this medication.
Get Rid of Baldness before it's too late!
It isn't easy to accept that your luscious locks may never be the same. Or have the same voluminous hair you had when you were young, well we have a solution for you that is plant based and a natural hair loss treatment.
Using Folli Products ensures you’re going plant based and cruelty free. They've made it simple and a more safer way to combat hair loss with none of the nasty potential side effects of minoxidil. You can visit the Hairfolli website and learn more in detail about plant based hair loss treatment.