If you’re looking for a way to grow a thicker, fuller beard, you’ve probably heard that you should try a derma roller for beard growth.
So, what exactly is a beard roller? Do they really work? What do they do?
Here, we’re answering all your questions about beard rollers and why they’re a solid choice if you’re sick of your thin, patchy beard. So, let’s begin!
What is a beard roller?
A beard roller, technically known as a derma roller for beard growth is a device that allows you to perform what’s called micro-needling at home. The roller itself is covered with titanium or stainless steel needles that pierce the skin as it gets gently rolled across your face.
How do beard rollers work?
Beard rollers help stimulate hair growth in two ways: 1) it helps trigger your body’s natural collagen production and 2) it encourages more blood flow to the area.
First, as a beard roller pierces the outer layer of your skin, collagen production is triggered. And collagen is an amino acid that makes up the building blocks of your hair.
In short, collagen is a key ingredient for hair growth and strength. So, instead of taking a collagen supplement (which many people do) beard rollers stimulate your body’s natural collagen-producing capabilities.
Pretty cool, hey?
Next, piercing your skin (albeit gently) stimulates blood flow and circulation to the area. Healthy circulation is crucial for healthy hair and micro-needling helps do just that.
Derma rollers can also be used on your scalp to help promote hair growth and when they’re used in conjunction with other products such a Minoxidil (Regaine), topical steroids or natural hair growth spays, you’re likely to see even better results.
Still, micro-needling on its own seems to be incredibly effective for hair growth and beard growth on their own.
Tips for Using Beard Rollers
While a derma roller for beard growth is easy to use, there are some guidelines to follow to ensure that your beard actually benefits from using one. In other words, there’s a right way and a wrong way to use your beard roller.
- Give your skin time to heal between uses. So, beard rollers with larger needles (0.5 mm) should only be used once or twice per week and beard rollers with smaller needles (0.25 mm) can be used every other day.
- Less is sometimes more. If it’s your first time using a derma roller for beard growth, try out one with fewer needles to allow your skin to get used to the treatment.
- Apply minimal pressure. Only press as firmly as you need to keep the needles gliding along your skin and nothing more.
- Puff out your cheeks when using your beard roller. This will give you a firmer surface to work with.
- Roll your beard roller back and forth horizontally, vertically and diagonally.
- Avoid using a derma roller for beard growth if you have acne. Since beard rollers pierce the skin on your face, doing so with acne can spread bacteria and make your acne worse.
- Clean your beard roller after each use. Dip it in alcohol or spray it with sanitising solution to ensure it’s safe for your skin.
- Replace your beard roller every few months. Start your Hair Folli subscription today to make sure your beard roller is replaced regularly the easy way.
Risks of Using Beard Rollers
When using a derma roller to help your beard grow thicker, it’s important that you’re extra careful since the skin on our face is rather delicate. So, with that in mind, some of the risks of using beard rollers include:
- Skin irritation in the form of redness or inflammation
- Minor bleeding
- Bacterial infections
Skin irritation and bleeding may mean that you’re applying too much pressure when using your derma roller. Remember, you should only be pressing enough that the needles touch your skin and nothing more. Plus, if you’re cleaning your beard roller and replacing it every few months, you’ll avoid bacterial infections.
So, in other words, if you stick to the tips listed above, you shouldn’t experience these side effects when using your derma roller for beard growth.
All in all, using a derma roller for beard growth can definitely work if you use it correctly and in conjunction with other proven hair growth products.
Ready to say goodbye to your patchy beard once and for all? Grab the Folli Spray and Roller Bundle today!